Fancyapint? iPhone App
Get the Fancyapint? iPhone App today
If you’re searching for the best place to meet up with your friends, family or colleagues, this is the app for you. With Fancyapint?, you can explore Fancyapint.com’s database of 3,500 pub reviews wherever you are - even when you’re not online. And when you are online, you can find the best pubs nearest to you and view them on a map.
The Fancyapint? App is compatible with iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad (as an
iPhone app, a proper iPad app is in the pipeline) and requires iOS 3.1.2 or later. You will need a data connection to view Google Maps. For more information and to download the app, visit the app store at: www.fancyapint.com/iphone/.
PLEASE NOTE: it's a large download, so you will need to be attached to a computer to install the file as it's beyond most 3G connections.
If you have any comments or queries about the app please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We welcome all feedback good or not so good - it helps us to improve our service.
We do intend to release versions for Android and other platforms, but these will take place after we finish the development of the current App for iPhones, so please bear with us.
Help and support for the Fancyapint? iPhone App
- Tap the Fancyapint? icon to start the app.
- The app will find your location and then find the nearest pubs to you. This can take a little time as it takes a few seconds for your phone to work out your location, before searching the pub database.
- If you’re not online (mobile data or WiFi), the app will use the last location you visited when you last used the app, or central London if you’re opening the app for the first time.
- The app then displays a list of pubs nearest to your location.
- Click on the map icon to see these pubs on a map. Click on a pin to see the pub’s name and click the blue button to see the pub’s details and review.
- If you’re not online, you will get a “no connection” message, but you will either see a map, if you have previously visited the area and you were online, or a grey background. Even if you cannot see the map tiles, the pubs will be positioned correctly relative to each other.
- The search box at the top of the list of pubs, enables you to find any pub by name.
- The button on the top right changes the sort order of pubs, listing either the nearest pubs to your chosen location (the default) or a complete A-Z listing of pubs in the app’s database. Use the alphabetical listing on the right to go quickly to the letter of your choice.
- You can narrow down the selection by using the options button to filter the list, for example, to choose pubs rated 3 pints or higher, or pubs with beer gardens. You can use any combination of options to find the pubs you need.
Using the app - changing locations
- Click the button in the top left corner to change the location you’re using to find pubs. The "Change Location" button will bring up an alphabetical list of locations to choose from. The search box allows you to enter the name of a place you know, typing in a few letters will display the available choices.
- Tap the location of your choice and the app will find the nearest pubs to that location.
- The "Use Current Location" button will look up your current location and find the nearest pubs to you. (Same as starting up the app).
Using the app - reviews
- The review screen shows details about your chosen pub: name, a photo (if we have one), rating, last review date, our review, features, address.
- Two buttons at the bottom of the screen allow you to see the pub on a map (if you're online) or call the pub - for example to check opening times, events etc, if you're using an iPhone. The button on the top right, opens the current live review on Fancyapint.com in Safari.
- When you view the pub on a map, the top right button opens Google Maps at the pub's location. This enables you to use Google Maps to get directions to the pub, from anywhere on the planet.