Crimea Inn, Aldershot

Our rating: FAP Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Not rated yet! - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (3 reviews)
A number of streets and buildings bear names of military significance in Aldershot, and the Crimea is a good example. Apart from being a tidy and homely little place with polite and friendly bar staff, it happens to be one of the two nearest pubs (the Beehive being the other) to Aldershot Town FC, who are at long last back in the football league after the previous incarnation of the club folded back in 1992. Within a stone's throw of a part of town coming under British army jurisdiction, the pub is - unsurprisingly - adorned with military, as well as football, memorabilia. The beer is nothing out of the ordinary (6x, Hobgoblin), and very limited food was available on our visit, but the place has a pleasantly surprising warmth. We'd like to check it out again on a Friday or Saturday, when it may well get overrun by "our lads", but on the evidence of our visit, a charming little pub.
19 Jul 2010
Had a few beers and some food,the beer was excellant and the same has to be said of the food.the pub is under new management since November and has had a refit in April it now looks fresh clean and bright.Sampled the real ale whilst there it was clear clean crisp,also landlord has achieved a cask marque.I will certainly be going back.
21 Sep 2009
I would just like to say that this pub is a credit to aldershot. During my time here i recieved a very warm welcome from the new landlady and landlord who were very excited and enthusiastic about their challenge of their new life at the crimea-which was refreshing to see at a public house with great potential.

On my visit i drank one of the real ales available-6X, this was a lovely pint served by a friendly member of staff in an exceptional pub....what more can you ask for.

I would certainly recomend this public house.

Crimea Road, Aldershot, Aldershot, Hampshire, GU11 1UE