Ship, Canary Wharf

Our rating: FAP Rating 1 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 4 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (6 reviews)
After a brief period of closure, the Ship is back open again. We'll go and review it when we can.
28 Jun 2014
Fantastic little pub with bed & breakfast if required. Me and my partner traveled to London from Morecambe and found this little gem that we really had no complaints about. The rooms were clean and kept to a high standard whilst I can say the exact same about the alcohol down in the pub. The owner was extremely welcoming and likewise the staff who provided an excellent service all night. I will definitely be staying at The Ship again whilst passing on any recommendations I can to family and friends. 10 out of 10 from me.
31 Aug 2012
Great local pub with a warm atmosphere. New owner took it over a couple of years ago so the place has been transformed. Very friendly, clean, and has all the sports channels. It's been my local for several years. This is the only pub to go to on the island. Most of the other pubs either are completely dull, or have suspect characters in them. Try out The Ship, you'll most likely return.
24 Aug 2012
Just moved into the area, what a great find. Not only did the owner and bar staff make me feel I had been using the pub for years but the regular customers who seem to all be professionals from the nearby riverside apartments made me feel very comfortable on my first visit. Good selection of beers including Doom Bar on handpull plus sky & espn on two large hd screens,beer garden out the back, smoking deck to the side and apparently they have just started a bed & breakfast facility. It's got alot going for it but the main thing is the friendly atmosphere.I think I have just found my new local.
01 Mar 2012
The Ship has recently changed hands and has been completely refurbished both inside & out. It now presents as a traditional Victorian pub serving the very best in food & drink. All our ingredients are purchased daily and prepared fresh on the premises at very affordable prices. We do not have a pool table as listed above but we do show all live sports on two large screens and we do offer a seperate darts area. We have two outside areas which are both covered and heated, a smoking deck to the side & a comfortable beer garden complete with lounge seating at the rear. We also have occasional live music. Our open mic./Jam session happens every first Saturday in the month and has proved to be extremely popular, so if you play or sing then come along and join in with our resident musician Matt Hodges. PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT KARAOKE.
New Telephone number: 020 7531 9556.
01 Mar 2012
The Ship has recently had a change of ownership coupled with an extensive refurbishment both inside and out. It now presents itself as a traditional victorian pub with a great atmosphere serving the very best in food & drink. All our food is purchased daily and prepared fresh on the premises at affordable prices. We show all live sports on two large screens and occasionaly have live music including an open mic/Jam session every first Saturday of the month, so if you play or sing come along & join in.

290 Westferry Road, Canary Wharf, Canary Wharf, London, E14 3AG