Border Rambler, Carlisle

Our rating: Not rated yet! - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 2 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (3 reviews)
This is a Best Bar None accredited pub, which means it has been assessed and meets national standards for pubs and bars in the UK, meaning it should be well-managed, safe and clean, providing you a good location for that night out!

We’ll be sending one of our reviewers’s along to the pub very soon to get the Fancyapint review,
In the meantime why not give us your feedback and create your own review?

Become a Reviewer

If you know this pub or recently visited for a few beers, post your own review and tell the other fancyapint.com users what it’s like to drink here. Just register and click on "Add your own review" or "Add a Pub".

Landlord’s and Managers

Let the thousands of fancyapint.com site visitors know what’s on offer at your pub.
If this is your pub or you run it, Why not claim this pub listing - it’s FREE!
You can post your own full pub profile, photos, menus and event listings.
02 Jul 2014
On an afternoon/early evening out, my husband and I called into this pub, a place where children are not permitted, when my husband asked if the policy had been changed to allow children into the public house he was informed only the children of staff where allowed to which he stated it wasn't right that the rule applies to one but not all to which we received a lot of abuse from the assistant manageress whose child was running around the bar. Because my husband is older than myself he was subjected to a lot of verbal abuse by the assistant manager so we decided to leave to which some of the patrons persisted the matter and became physical and even more abusive calling my husband a dirty old man amongst other more harmful comments. Therefore my husband and I would NOT recommend this establishment to any body. But I recommend the owner of these premises a Mr Ron Wood looks to employing staff who treat their cliantell in the manor they should be treated, if Mr Ron Wood wishes to reply to these comments he can do so by emailing me on normanjmail-covers@yahoo.co.uk
16 Oct 2011
Its a good pub, with a varied age range on the weekend. Saturday 15th october 2011 i was in there & the "DJ" didnt seem to know what to play or how to please the crowd. He was also putting on slow love songs early in the night. Obviously i cant say what venue due to data protection, but lasgt week i was in a pub that had a DJ from boogie nights. He was AMAZING! playing current hits, RnB, 70s, 80s & 90s. If anyone would like info on them, they can be found at www.boogienightscumbria.co.uk as i got their card as ive booked them for a wedding next summer

45-47 Botchergate, Carlisle, Carlisle, Cumbria, CA1 1RP