Yates's, Chelmsford

Our rating: Not rated yet! - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 0 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (3 reviews)
Yates's in Chelmsford awaiting image
This is a Cask Marque approved pub, which means you can be assured you'll be served an excellent pint!

We'll be sending one of our reviewers along very soon to review the pub for Fancyapint.com. In the meantime why not give us your feedback and write your own review?

Become a reviewer - if this is a pub you already know or you've recently visited here for a few beers, post your comments and tell the other fancyapint.com users what it's like to drink here. Just click the 'Add your own review' link on this page to get started.

Landlord's and managers - let the thousands of fancyapint.com site visitors know what's on offer at your pub. If this is your pub or you run it, why not claim this pub's listing - it's FREE! Click the 'Claim this listing' link in this review page and once claimed, you can post your own full pub profile, photos, menus and event listings
21 Mar 2014
Shopping in Chelmsford, so many places to chose from and knowing the Witherspoons great food reputation, thought I may give Yates a go. They advertised a burger and drink for £6.75, I asked if they could go large on the wine and was then charged £9.75, Suddenly I thought maybe I should have tried another interesting menu somewhere else in Chelmsford but I was Hungry so paid up. The meal came after 25 mins and I looked at the burger and chips and wondered why I bothered. The burger was crap and I almost broke my teeth twice on the cow bone in the burger! I have never bought burgers in Iceland but should imagine it was one of those 10 for 99p! it was tasteless but I was glad they put some onion in the burger so I could taste that instead. I can't believe people would eat this at all, left most of it and could not wait to escape.

Next time I will go with what I know, Witherspoons. I feel Yates are trying to compete with their prices but serving food not fit for a rat!
21 Mar 2014