The Jolly Fisherman, Greatstone

Our rating: Not rated yet! - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 5 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (4 reviews)
12 Sep 2014
Had a fantastic meal at Goan Spice Restaurant at the Jolly Fisherman in Greatstone for our anniversary.
As soon as we walked in, Frank the chef handed me a Happy Anniversary card, he made me a completely gluten-free meal, and after the main when he asked if I would like a pancake with icecream, and I said I couldn't because of the wheatflour, he said "no, it's ok, we will make you one with cornflour", so I said "yes please".
Afterwards, he asked if it was ok, and when I said yes, he said "good, we've never made it before, but we wanted to make something just for you, so you could enjoy your anniversary".
There was also a couple at the bar, and we overheard the lady say "do you have anything without onion or garlic, as I have problems with both. The chef said "choose anything on the menu, and we will make it for you without those items, or anything else that would make it unpleasant for you - everything is made to order, so it's not a problem for us"
I'm not sure who was more gob-smacked - the lady placing the order, or me!!
I can't believe the place isn't packed out, 7 days a week! Please - visit it, enjoy your meal, and help spread the word!!
Laura
04 Jul 2014
The most amazing thing about this pub is the food. Frank from Goa prepares the most amazing Goan food.He will discuss with you exactly what you want. Then be prepared for a mouth watering experience. Best I have had.
04 Jul 2014
It is the food in this pub that is pretty amazing. Frank from Goa prepares the best Goan food. He will discuss with you exactly what you want and then when it is put in front of you, be prepared for a delicious mouth watering treat. Best I have tasted.
29 Jul 2011
The Jolly Fisherman is the pub for the people who live and work in, and visit, Greatstone and the surrounding area. At The Jolly Fisherman you will find a warm welcome from your hosts Steve, Shirley and Lee where you can enjoy your drink and food in congenial company and surroundings. The pub is open from 11am to 11pm Monday to Saturday, and 12 noon to 10.30pm on Sundays.
The 'Jolly' offers a wide range of beers, spirits and wines to enjoy in the comfort of a large bar. You ca eat either in the bar or in the adjoining restaurant. The 'Jolly' has two pool tables and dart board for the sports women and men, a large flat screen 3D TV to watch the cricket, football and other sports, quiet areas just to be alone and a garden with seating to enjoy the sea breezes.
There is live entertainment in the Jolly every Saturday from 8.30pm, with either karaoke, band, singers or comedians. Children and dogs are welcome in the pub and garden, provided they are kept under control,and best to ask the host's permission first.

The Parade, Greatstone, Kent, TN28 8ST
01797 362224
Opening times
11am to 11pm Mon to Sat
12noon to 10.30pm Sun
Please check opening times with the pub before making a special journey.

Karaoke