Old Cock Inn, harpenden

Our rating: FAP Rating 4 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Not rated yet! - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (1 review)
I used to know the Old Cock when living in Harpenden in the 90's and back then it wouldn't have rated as a "1 pinter" but I'm pleased to say it is worth a 4 and even might sneak a 5 if they keep up the good work. It's a Charlie Wells pub and they've spent a bit of money putting in an outside drinking area, a better kitchen and livening up the offer somewhat.
Food, standards and beer all good when we visited and given that it is the most dominant position on the High Street it is no surprise that it's busy.
It is fair to say that there is a bigger focus on dining now, but come the good weather and this one will be stuffed with drinkers.
Good pub getting better I would hope.
One point of criticism - although it is in an affluent area the pricing is not cheap, even by Harpenden standards.

58 High Street, Harpenden, Hertfordshire, AL5 2SP