Fox & Hounds, Haywards Heath

Our rating: FAP Rating 4 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Not rated yet! - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (1 review)
OK so this is an M&B pub and I think there is a degree of cynicism amongst most reviewers on this site for "chain" pubs - but this is a wonderful example of "when it goes so well".
We were a mixed age party that were dining and we couldn't have been treated better - our server Lizzie was excellent - attentive without being intrusive and very efficient and responsive. The barman was also very good - knew his ales, and if he had some part in keeping them then he had done an extremely good job.
There were 6 on tap (although three were "conditioning" not a term I like when what it means is "not ready") and we were given samples, talked through the provenance and asked - "What type of beers do you usually like", which was superb service and hugely impressive.
The food was also very good - c£8 for a burger, £10 for a rib of beef - and none of us left hungry.
I would not only return I would recommend it to anyone and for me, with my track record in managed houses this is pretty good praise. It only fell down on the "conditioning" label - why have only 3 out of 6 ales on? Regardless of how good they were...

Fox Hill, Haywards Heath, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH16 4QY
01444 413342
Opening times
Open every day
Monday to Sunday 11:00am to 12am.
Food served all day
Monday to Sunday all day to 10pm
Please check opening times with the pub before making a special journey.

Quiz night - Sunday and Wednesday Nights