Robin Hood, helmshore

Our rating: Not rated yet! - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (2 reviews)
Robin Hood in Helmshore awaiting image
21 Apr 2014
I would once of a day given this pub top ratings as I was born and brought up opposite this pub and it was my local when I was a teenager. I moved away when I was 20 and over the last 35 years have always popped into this pub for a welcoming pint as I come over from time to time as my remaining family still live in Helmshore. However yesterday my husband and I went for a walk up Tor and Musbury and over to Grain Res: on our return we walked down Holcombe Road to go into the Robin for a well deserved pint only to find our way was blocked by two smokers who thought it right to stand in the door way while us non smokers breathed in their smoke while trying to squeeze past them. This always reminds me of the rough city centre pubs where you often see the tattooed youths blocking the doorway with their smoke. The female of the two in particular wouldn't move for us and continued to stand in the porch smoking. When we got in the pub and stood at the bar waiting to be served we found there was no one behind the bar. We continued to stand there and wait and would you believe eventually the smoking woman in the porch came in, went behind the bar and asked us what we would like to drink. She was the landlady. I was speechless. She then without washing her stinking yellow fingers started to pour our pints. I was ready to walk out but didn't want to embarrass my husband. After handing us our drinks and still not washed her hands she dipped her smokey fingers into the nibbles on the bar to eat and then started to fill up more nibbles into little bowls with her fingers and put some on ours and other tables in the pub. It was disgusting. I have always loved the Robin and they serve a good pint of real ale but the landlady needs an urgent training course in customer service and basic hygiene.
04 Apr 2013
This is a Cask Marque approved pub, which means you can be assured you'll be served an excellent pint! We'll be sending one of our reviewers along very soon to review the pub for Fancyapint.com. In the meantime why not give us your feedback and write your own review? Become a reviewer - if this is a pub you already know or you've recently visited here for a few beers, post your comments and tell the other fancyapint.com users what it's like to drink here. Just click the 'Add your own review' link on this page to get started. Landlord's and managers - let the thousands of fancyapint.com site visitors know what's on offer at your pub. If this is your pub or you run it, why not claim this pub's listing - it's FREE! Click the 'Claim this listing' link in this review page and once claimed, you can post your own full pub profile, photos, menus and event listings

280 Holcombe Road, Helmshore, Lancashire, BB4 4NP