Assembly House, Kentish Town

Our rating: FAP Rating 0 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Not rated yet! - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (5 reviews)
currently closed and under refurbishment. Fingers crossed they don't ruin what's left of the pretty interior.
04 Sep 2010
The Assembly House has recently (August 2010) been taken over by new management (Thank god, I heard this was the case so popped in to see the difference!) There is already a vast improvement in cleanliness, the standard of beer is better (or as it should be) and the new management and staff are friendly, helpful and more importantly, competent. I haven't eaten here since it has been taken over, but saw the food come out of the kitchen and it looked and smelled really good.

It is such a shame that the previous management and staff were so rude, incompetent and generally dispicable, but now they are no longer there (I am sure the standard improved as soon as they walked out of the doors for the last time).

Since the new management seem to have the energy to rebuild it into a decent pub again, I now have the energy to visit more often!

I'm going to give it a bit longer to rate it because I have a feeling they haven't quite finished improving it yet!

NB/ The previous staff and management are oxygen thieves and don't deserve to live and breathe on any plane of existence.
25 Jul 2009
Absolutely attrocious service. Used to use this pub regularly. Now go elsewhere thanks to rude and unbelievably aggressive bar staff who always serve their friends first. It has been suggested that this part of Kentish Town was once badly hit by the plague. Take my advice and treat it as though it still were.
10 Jun 2009
I stopped here for the first time for some food and beer before going onto the Forum. Pub itself was great, very pleasant, beer average (watery Kronenberg) and the food was pricey and poor. £7.50 for a poor quality burst piece of steak in ciabatta. Going to the Forum again soon so will try somewhere else for food.
11 Mar 2009
I am by nature a diffident sort not inclined to complain, but having been served the most ridiculously short pint I have ever seen I felt obliged to ask for it to be topped up - if only for reasons of self-respect. My request was met with flat refusal, aggression and biligerence until it was pointed out to the staff member concerned that she was making an error. I'm a local to this pub and would like to go regularly, but really I now has to conlude that it is in fact an institution served by evil, pig-ignorant, fuckbunnies. And this makes me sad.

292-4 Kentish Town Road, Kentish Town, London, NW5 2TG