Barley Mow, Westminster

Our rating: FAP Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 0 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (2 reviews)
If proof were needed that Civil Servants are a thirsty lot, all you need do is have a walk between Westminster, Pimlico and Victoria. Pubs abound on almost every corner, and the area around Horseferry Road is particularly flushed with them. That's where you'll find the Barley Mow - the sort of solid pub that doesn't win many prizes but does a decent job in all departments. Saying that, the selection of real ale is pretty good, with a couple of unusual guest ales amongst the choice. Large enough to accommodate both the suits and the locals from the Grosvenor Estate, it's got a big screen for the sport and a dining area.
13 Apr 2014
What a utterly racist pub, I'll never drink there again. I stood at the bar for nearly seven minutes, I know this cause I took a call from my girlfriend whilst I was at the bar. In that time the bar staff looked at me several times but chose to serve other customers along the bar and besides me even though they new I was there before them.

Had it not been my friends leaving do, I would have left with my pride and my money. Now I know to accuse some of racism is a little strong, but I can only draw that conclusion, has I have not been in there before. I noticed also the only person of colour got served just before me, maybe it had to do with how good looking she was too?

There are far better drinking places in that area to go too.

104 Horseferry Road, Westminster, London, SW1P 2EE