Bridge House Tavern, Penge

Our rating: FAP Rating 2 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 4 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (9 reviews)
The gentrification of Penge begins, as this old boozer gets relaunched by the team behind The Rye in Peckham. We'll be down to give the new Bridge House a look (and take a new photo) as soon as we can.
09 Oct 2012
THE BEST PUB in SOUTH LONDON! We love it there... amazing people, fantastic food and drink and awesome atmosphere! x
03 Oct 2012
love this pub, a heaven in the middle of penge, change of management last november, but same owners, has turned this pub around,always a friendly welcome, great food, always interesting specials, new menu i noticed over the weekend, great wine list, a good choice of real ales..... farmers market staring in december, and best of all, theatre is coming to penge in january 2013..
27 Sep 2012
my family and friends travel miles to frequent this hidden gem....class and sophistication
07 Feb 2012
How this pub has changed! Was invited to the pub a few weeks ago to catch up with a few friends and was surprised with what I was greeted with. Staff were friendly, food was great and overall a nice place to go. I have since been back with my kids and husband on a Sunday for lunch and plan on having my 30th birthday celebration there. Having spoken to a few people I think it's under new management but don't quote me on that one, but would make sense with the improvements I experienced.
23 Apr 2010
Great pub, lovely food, always a couple of bitters on and the Youngs is usually good. Tastefully over the top decor, and friendly staff. Too middle class for you? Plenty of good boozers on the high street. Not q East Dulwich enough for you? Get on the 176. For me, whether it's for a pint and a paper, a place to meet friends, or somewhere to take visiting relatives for dinner this is pretty much bang on. It's pricier than other pubs round here, but you gets what you pays for, and thank god Penge finally has some variation. No idea why this only has a two pint score - it's a safe three or four; I guess the old photo indicates that fancyapint haven't reviewed it since the refurb.
13 Dec 2009
Absolute joke of a place. So up itself it's untrue. Rude staff, vastly over-priced booze and food. They frown at a working class accent and want you to be their friend on facebook. It's an ugly blot on the good name of Penge. If you want poncy and overpriced, do yourself a favour and get the 176 up to East Dulwich where they will take your money but leave your dignity intact. The sooner this monstrosity shuts down the better.
04 Jul 2008
The area really needs a good pub that sells good beer. I have tried the Young’s Special three times and it has always been kept so badly that it was not drinkable. I was told, in a very patronising way, the first time that “that’s how the beer is supposed to taste”. I tried the food last night; it took 48 minutes to arrive and my starter came with the main course! Instead of making me a new main course they put it under a lamp in the kitchen for 20 minutes while I ate the starter. This ruined the meal. The prices are extortionate, the beer is bad, the staff are rude; go to the Dulwich Woodhouse instead!
07 Jun 2008
We visited in on a Saturday evening in May 2008 and they had been open in the new gastro guise for eight or so weeks. I had a great burger and chips and my wife has a (gluten free) salad. The food, beer and service were all great and we did not feel as if was over priced. Penge is looking up!!

2 Penge High Street, Penge, London, SE20 8RZ