Bunch of Grapes, Fenchurch Street

Our rating: FAP Rating 2 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Not rated yet! - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (3 reviews)
The City of London abounds in tucked away pubs: this one so much so that Fancyapint? has only now got round to reviewing it. We found it on our early evening visit to be noticeably quieter than many of its neighbouring boozers (particularly those in nearby Leadenhall Market). A shame, as this one seems an honest enough traditional boozer, even if furnishings in the main bar have been cleared away to pack in more punters. Perhaps things pick up with the lunchtime crowd, but we haven't seen the evidence - it's still a little on the lacklustre side for us.
22 Dec 2009
This pub is lucky to have 2 pints!

The interior was shabby, the staff totally uninterested in providing a service and the beer quality doubtful.

(looking at the state of the pint drawn for someone,I stuck to Guiness rather than risk it!)

I will be avoiding in future.
19 Nov 2009
It's a miracle! A pub where you don't have to wait 5 hours to get served. I was even asked by another staff member while being served. There were 4-6 behind the bar and the place was relatively busy. For that alone I felt I should comment. The interior was also tasteful and well lit, no All Bar One blandness in sight. I don't usually remember a pubs name a day later and I went here a month ago.

14 Lime Street, Fenchurch Street, London, EC3M 7AP