Charterhouse, Smithfield

Our rating: FAP Rating 2 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Not rated yet! - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (2 reviews)
Having become a bit of a landmark in the Smithfield area, this is still one of those places where it's more about image than experience. The food and drink is nothing special, although it's presented competently enough and the service is friendly, even if it's a bit slow at times. The drink's nothing to write home about unless you like euro lager and cocktails (the Theakstons on the one tap was off when were last in). And, as usual with these types places, it's the clientele that makes us groan - you know you must be having a good time if everyone around you is yelling, laughing and playing jolly japes with their mates.
11 May 2009
I work in the area and ended here for a quick bite after work on Thursday , I had the Grilled Chicken Salad and my boyfriend had the burger with chorizo and chilli topping, he said it was totally amazing, my the salad was delicious. We opted for the two for one offer on wine and beer so we stayed a while and soaked up the atmosphere. This is a beautiful building, reminiscent of a flat iron building in New York. The staff were really friendly and helpful, I will definitely go back, all in all a fantastic experience.

38 Charterhouse Street, Smithfield, London, EC1M 6JH