Cheshire Cheese, Temple

Our rating: FAP Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (4 reviews)
Not to be confused with the nearby, much more famous "Ye Olde" Cheshire Cheese, this pub quietly goes about the business of providing local workers in the surrounding legal establishments with sustenance and relaxation. It's a quiet pub, being hidden in the back streets just off the Strand, almost villagey in feel, but without the the territorial attitude that comes with some village pubs. It has several hand pumps with a couple of standard beers and a guest, a decent enough wine list and it also provides pub grub lunches and evening meals. You won't find this place in the guides to great pubs, but if you want decent fayre, with decent service at a decent price (especially for this area), you'll be OK here. Be warned, it can close early and isn't open at the weekends.
12 Mar 2014
Found this place by chance and was glad I did. Good beers – had some Bombardier – and a very good lunch, served by friendly staff.
16 Oct 2013
dreadful place just don't go there v rude landlady
01 Oct 2011
I visited this pub very recently on the recommendation of a friend as our darts team were seeking a venue. I received a warm welcome from Joe and Mo who now run the pub and enjoyed a few decent pints of Tribute which seemed perfectly well kept to me. The bar upstairs is fairly compact but really well laid out as is the downstairs games room too. The games room can be booked and there is a bar downtairs too which is opened for events. I really like the place, just hope it improves my darts :-)

5 Little Essex Street, Temple, London, WC2R 3LD