Cittie of Yorke, Holborn

Our rating: FAP Rating 4 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (5 reviews)
A well-known, large, magnificent pub with a host of unusual architectural features, especially in the back bar, with its cubicle-like nooks and crannies and giant vats above the bar. Of particular interest is the triangular fireplace in the centre of the room with its chimney and flue diverted under the floor and up the wall. It's inevitably packed lunchtime and evenings with people associated with the nearby Inns of Court, but don't let that put you off, it's worth a visit and it's much quieter at the weekends. The beer is just what you'd expect - this is a Sam Smith's pub of course - and if you're a fan of Sam Smith's produce you won't be disappointed. The cellar bar is available for hire and often as, not as full as the upstairs bars. There's food at lunchtimes, but it's not likely to set gastropub fans' pulses racing, you come here for the beer, the company and the surroundings.
02 Jun 2013
Worth a visit if not for ale choice
08 Apr 2013
Extremely rude staff and manager. Amongst an order of several drinks, I was served the wrong beer for one of the drinks by mistake. Both staff and manager refused point blank to correct the issue, with the manager informing me "either pay or get out". This was a totally unacceptable response and shows a total lack of respect for customers. And this was from the man I once went out of my way to inform him discretely that there was an issue with something in the gents toilets. Myself and all of the colleagues in the company I work at over the road will never be drinking in this establishment again. I suggest you go elsewhere if you want anything resembling acceptable service.
22 Feb 2012
I wish every pub was like this one! A real English pub with very well kept beers.If only they had more ales as they had only one when I was there. Excellent anyway..
30 Jul 2009
A stunning venue, with typically decent Sam Smith booze. Worth a visit even if the beer isn't to your taste.

22 High Holborn, Holborn, London, WC1V 6BS