Cocomo, Shoreditch

Our rating: FAP Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Not rated yet! - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (2 reviews)
Perhaps overshadowed by the size and brashness of some of it's neighbours, Cocomo has been quietly going about its business for a good while now. Not a big place, there's cushion festooned seating down one side and a small bar towards the back. Candles and Middle Eastern trinkets create a dark, homely ambience. On our visit the basement bar was turned over to a private party, while the (perhaps unnecessary?) DJ took up valuable seating space. Beer choice is limited, but people seemed to be enjoying the cocktails instead, all served up by the pleasantly cheery barstaff. Overall there's a loungey, chilled atmosphere here, probably helped by a relative absence of excessively angled haircuts, but get there early if you want those seats, as we've seen it get very busy indeed later on.
07 Sep 2008
I stayed up the block from Cocamo when I was in London and found it on my first night there just from walking by. I am so glad that we decided to stop there because it was probably my favorite night in the UK. They have all different kinds of cocktails and the people working were hysterical.

323 Old Street, Shoreditch, London, EC1V 9LE