Coopers Arms, Chelsea

Our rating: FAP Rating 2 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Not rated yet! - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (2 reviews)
Apparently this used to be a "proper" boozer, where it wasn't unusual to see Dennis Thatcher at the bar with a gin. Clearly times have changed... This place has been gutted in the not so distant past and refurbed in the best traditions of the gastropub. Seemed to be full of well-heeled types who had called in for a swift drink after walking their dogs. And we surmise this from the fact that they had all brought their dogs into the pub with them. Nice little terrace at the back though. Could well be the shiny newness of it all, but it didn't feel very welcoming.
19 Oct 2010
I don't think the review is fair. Has the pub been tarted up - sure but it still has the feel of a pub and in this day and age if it helps keep it in business, then I forgive them for that. What is more important to me is that their selection of beer is first class and they are well kept. On my last visit: Sharp's Doom Bar, Butcombe Bitter and best of all Sambrook's Wandle. It is becoming harder and harded to find a decent place to get a good pint; this place is still one of them.

87 Flood Street, Chelsea, London, SW3 5TB