Crown & Anchor, Euston

Our rating: FAP Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (4 reviews)
We've known this one for a good few years now and, currently, the Crown & Anchor is on an upward path. The recent(ish) refit has freshened the pub up a bit with some loungey furnishings aimed to distract from the exposed brickwork of the side walls and add some character to proceedings (something lacking in previous incarnations). There's a good range of drinks on offer (as you'd expect from a M&B unbranded pub), and although it doesn't pitch itself as the real ale mecca the nearby Bree Louise does, you do get your pint of Black Sheep in a dimpled mug. Attempting to attract diners with the curry houses of Drummond Street so near by may sound foolhardy; but the food here does attract the local office crowd at lunchtimes, and the same faces are often to be found propping up the bar after work too. It all adds up to a bustling, busy - sometimes very busy - pub.
06 Oct 2011
Nice looking pub good choice of beers. Real ale served in a dimpled mug although its a little more expensive than the other pubs around it.
08 Aug 2008
I went into the new Crown and Anchor the other day and it was fantastic to see smiling and efficient staff.

It had all the usual beers on tap, 1664, fosters, san miguel, guinness and london pride and youngs bitter too.

I only decided to go in there as there were a couple of staff outside giving away tasters of their new menu, and let me tell you the food was amazing and well priced too. I believe they've got a new breakfast menu for the weekend which I will be coming back to taste.

The decor inside is modern, in contrast to the fantastic listed building that houses it. But with a cosy back reading area with sofas and a fireplace for the winter months.

With a host of special nights on I will definitely be checking out their steak night(mondays), quiz (tuesdays) and ladies night (thursdays)...........
05 Aug 2008
Tasteless food, and no-one seemed to care, not the bar staff, and not the chef. Definitely a thumbs down.

137 Drummond Street, Euston, London, NW1 2HL