Dirty Dick's, Liverpool Street

Our rating: FAP Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Not rated yet! - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (2 reviews)
Dirty Dick's was a notorious City pub and popular tourist attraction a few years ago, that underwent a facelift, unfortunately eradicating most traces of the interesting dive it once was. Its proximity to Liverpool Street Station makes it a popular last stop before getting the train home for many office workers. They serve vast amounts of lager, but can also pour a pint of Guinness and have the usual range of Young's excellent beers on tap. It tends to be very busy around lunch and immediately after work, but quietens down later. The downstairs bar, where all the interesting stuff used to be, can be hired and it now seems to be open at the weekends. There's also an upstairs bar which tends to be a bit quieter. All in all though, if you're after a pub close to Liverpool Street station, this is arguably the pick of the bunch.
07 Oct 2009
As my trains were delayed from the adjacent Liverpool Street I went to Dirty Dicks for a beer with my Brother. My first pint was a Young's summer special called Kew, which was horrible, so I ordered my usual Bombardier for my next pint. I suspect the pipes still contained cleaning agent as it tasted absolutely foul, but didn't smell off. On returning this pint a second was proffered, but was just as bad. By now I felt decidedly unwell and had to use DD's facilities....... I have to report that despite this place being one of the most expensive pubs in the City (Peroni is an eye watering £4.25 a pint); it's Dirty not only in name. Had I not been put in a fix by the dreadful beer, I would have gladly passed on the chance to use the vomit encrusted seat, ankle deep in bog roll cubicle, filthy, smelly, dryer free toilet.

Avoid this place like the plague; there are far better places nearby. Anywhere, in fact!

202 Bishopsgate, Bishopsgate, London, EC2M 4NR
Opening times
Mon-Thu 11:00-00:00
Fri-Sat 11:00-01:00
Sun 11:00-22:30
Please check opening times with the pub before making a special journey.