Ealing Park Tavern, Brentford

Our rating: FAP Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 4 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (3 reviews)
A large renovated place inside a much older shell (A Victorian gaffe called The Penny Flyer). The bar is a convincing replica of what might have been there before as a Courage boozer and is pleasing on the eye. There is a long bar with tables opposite and a jolly looking panelled area at the back, and which looks rather like a smoking room from a theatre set. When we were there the pub was rammed - except for the large and entirely empty dining area, clearly off limits to drinkers. Still, the excellent beer range includes Leffe (by the half) and Hoegaarden, with Landlord, Brakspear, Eagle, Beacon and Speckled Hen on hand pumps. We also admired the bold wine list which eschewed fashion for quality and choice. With interesting features, such as the draught curtains and picture windows, and lampshades which Christopher Wray would be proud of, plus the younger clientele, this is South Ealings' pub of choice for the young pro. Even if you don't feel upwardly mobile, it's perfectly inoffensive, and the service will probably win you over.
13 Sep 2011
Hadn't been to the pub in about a year, as the service and food quality seemed to have dipped. On Sunday September 9th, my wife and I decided to take a couple of friends there for dinner, as its our local and were pleasantly surprised to see that things appeared to be heading in a more positive direction. From the moment we were greeted and seated by a young American chap, who offered to take our jackets for us. He even pulled out the chairs for the ladies (very gallant if you ask me)and took us through the menu and specials on offer. There weren't many vegetarian choices on the menu, but the young man said "leave it with me, and i'll sort something out for you." I had the Chicken Supreme and our friends had Roast Lamb. My wife (vegetarian) had what can best be described and a vegetarian dream dish, made to order.....It consisted of Peppers, Aubergines, Courgettes, French beans, Runner Beans and cous cous with a balsamic dressing... she LOVED it! It was as if they went shopping specifically for her. By far the best dinning experience we've had in years. From beginning to end it was pleasant and enjoyable. We will be returning shortly, and bringing more friends. All the best Ealing Park Tavern....you will see us very soon.
04 Mar 2009
Fairly local to us, great food, good service, lovely atmosphere, and excellent beer. Sunday lunches get booked up pretty quick but they will often squeeze you in at the other end of the bar from the restaurant. Of the score of times I have been there only once have they ever cocked up an order and they were effusively apologetic about it. family friendly, too. Large courtyard with modern concrete benches and tables, first-rate place for a summer evening pint.

222 South Ealing Road, Brentford, London, W5 4RL