Forest Hill Tavern, East Dulwich

Our rating: FAP Rating 2 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Not rated yet! - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (3 reviews)
Very much an old style pub compared to the child friendly Herne Tavern down the road, this one will appeal to any locals who go to the pub to leave their kids behind rather than bring them with them. An old Truman brewery pub, which some nice architectural touches still visible, this one won't have too many pub devotees traversing across London to visit it. It does the job for the locals though - and long may it do so.
05 Sep 2009
The review above is very very true. I have been to this pub lately quiet a lot of times and it has changed a lot. It has become my local too. The environment in there is really frindly and it is a very pleasent place to sit and have a pint or a meal. The food is exciting which definately has the gastro quality and also the drinks are very reasonably priced. It is a nice clean pub unlike some of its neighbours. This pub has great entertainment events over the weekends and also it has sky TV which is fantastic for watchin premiership and championship events and other sporting events live with your mates and family. All in all it is a fantastic pub which has changed to a great extent over the period of time n it is a very upcomin n classy place.
31 Aug 2008
This review is out of date. I've recently discovered this gem and it's fast becoming my local. Superb gastro quality food at reasonable rates, great beer garden with covers and heaters, top notch service (with the exception of 1 or 2 of the staff)and quiality large flat screens showing sky sports. I bring my little boy here all the time and have had nothing but welcoming smiles.

A great pub that does not demand a 10% service charge when paying at the bar before your food arrives!!!!!!! (Neighbouring Herne Tavern take note)

Highly recommended

108 Forest Hill Road, East Dulwich, London, SE22 0RS
Opening times
Mon-Wed 11:00-23:00
Thu 11:00-00:00
Fri 11:00-00:00
Sat 11:00-00:00
Sun 11:00-22:30
Please check opening times with the pub before making a special journey.