Foresters Arms, Epping Forest

Our rating: FAP Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 0 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (2 reviews)
The Forester's Arms is best summed up as a dull pub in a fantastic location. High on the brow of a hill, it overlooks the lovely Great Monk Wood and provides a great point to either begin or end a stroll of the area. A terrace outside is the perfect place to while away a sunny afternoon, because sadly the interior is nothing to get excited about. Decked out in pastel colours and contemporary furniture, it's both unimaginative and very similar to many other places which have been subjected to equally ignominious refurbs. A token ale (Adnams) is supplemented by many more lagers, while the clientele were a mixed bunch, unfortunately including a group of young Essex lads with more money than manners on our visit. If you find the nearby proper pub Gardeners Arms closed (ie: after 3pm) then it's worth coming here for a drink. So a two pint pub and a four pint location give Foresters Arms a three pint rating.
01 Jul 2012
When I found the wonderful view of the forest normally seen from the terrace blocked by a six foot advertisment banner, I asked the Landlord whose idea that had been - he insisted that the view had not been blocked and that other customers wanted the information displayed there .When I remonstrated thatt he view oft
he grassyThen he told me to P**S off! He said I was no longer a customer there - too right. GARDENERS ARMS HERE I COME - down the road! I know I shall get a friendly welcome in a real good old pub there, with real people, a warm fire and a warm atmosphere to match instead of the sterile empty modernism of The Forresters - where we were the only customers at 11.30 on a nice summer morning.

15 Baldwins Hill, Epping Forest, London, IG10 1SF