Fountains Abbey, Paddington

Our rating: FAP Rating 2 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 4 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (2 reviews)
Fountains Abbey is a massive pub that's just a little bit too close to Paddington station for comfort. The transient clientele don't do it any favours, but the staff seem to cope pretty well with the churn and demands of a busy pub. It's got decent beer, kept to Cask Marque standards and standard pub grub. Despite many makeovers in it's time, the interior still retains some of the original Victorian features - check out the tile work near the bar. While probably not a pub to write home about, it does the job in a reliable fashion. It gets busy, but that's no surprise this close to the station. Nonetheless, for a decent pint, this isn't a bad bet.
18 Aug 2012
It was my first time in a pub, we don't have it in Brazil. I like it pretty much. The attendant was very helpfull to me, I understand the pub beer sistem in a minute, the ale was delightful, the place very charming, me, my girlfriend and a Brazilian friend could talk without screaming, it is a pity the venue closes at 11 p.m. Fair prices, either.

109 Praed Street, Lancaster Gate, London, W2 1RL