Garrick Arms, Leicester Square

Our rating: FAP Rating 2 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Not rated yet! - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (4 reviews)
Once a Dome bar, now an approximation of a traditional pub. An average place in terms of both food and drink and pretty consistent with the slew of touristy pubs on Charing Cross Road (though we didn't notice it, it feels the sort of place that should have a sign outside advertising 'our famous fish and chips'). It fills up at the usual times, and its a pretty decent meeting place before heading for Leicester Square or Soho. Oh, and its proximity to the National Portrait Gallery may well mean a steady supply of kids bunking off school trips and trying for their first pint in the Big Smoke...(well, they can't all fit in the Chandos).
27 Jun 2010
Don't go to this pub!!!!! The manager is rubbish and the beer is rubbish as well. We bought beer 1 day ago, it was the weast beer I ever had in London (absolutelly flat and taste very bad). I asked to change it, but manager told to me he is no gonna do it. HE was very rude. Told to me FUCK OFF. DO NOT GO TO the GARRICK ARMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
09 Feb 2010
I visited this pub recently with my girlfriend. We ordered our drinks and quickly popped out for a ciggarette. Both drinks had barely been touched. On our return they were missing and a member of staff had taken them away. after speaking to a member of staff I was asked to speak to the manager who was outside having a ciggarette. A short balding guy. He told me that because we had left our drinks unattended he basically wasn't going to do anything about it. I pointed out that if I had left a complete meal in a restuarant to pop out for a ciggarette it wouldn't be missing be he was intransigent and didn't seem to care. Although the pub is nice the manager seems be a small man with a napoleon complex, as a result I would not recommend this place.
12 Feb 2009
I have been to the Garrick Arms before and remembered the excellent service I had then from Jac when she was on duty.

So I had no reservations about suggesting to my group of friends that we had our k d lang meet up there on sunday 8th feb. Ricardo was great! he was so kind and very attentive. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. So thanks very much for making our day out in London so enjoyable. The food and service were faultless. I'll be back and so will my friends if they are in London again. I have some photos to send you but it won't let me post them in here unfortunately. Kind regards. Caz moon. milton keynes

8-10 Charing Cross Road, Leicester Square, London, WC2H 0HG