Gertie Brownes, East Finchley

Our rating: FAP Rating 2 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (3 reviews)
If Maddens across the road isn't Irish enough for you, have a go here. Darkly lit, non-stop racing - you get the picture. It's not too bad if you haven't got a copy of the Racing Post with you but this pub certainly knows what it punters want: even the booths have inset screens so you won't miss the 3.25 from Fairyhouse. Weekend evenings can find it quite busy and lively, with a mix of older regulars in place. As small, Irish pubs go, not a bad one.
15 Jul 2012

This Irish pub is an absolute gem. I am not myself Irish but I know I can always call in here and feel comfortable and amongst friends. Its a brilliant place to watch live sport and the beer is perfectly kept.This pub has undergone an absolute transformation over the past ten years and the current landlord has done a brilliant job in creating this welcoming, cosy and good natured watering hole. Recommended.

The Strange Torpor.
15 Sep 2011
It's not known as 'dirty Gertie's' for nothing! Very down-at-heel atmosphere, and I've certainly never witnessed real ales being served at the bar.

95 High Road, East Finchley, London, N2 8AG