Glenmore Arms, Plumstead

Our rating: FAP Rating 1 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Not rated yet! - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (4 reviews)
A big old boozer midway between Plumstead and Welling, most people glimpse the Glenmore from a 51 bus, and that is no bad thing. Inside, it's a rather sparse place that serves a purpose for the local community. The beer selection is strictly functional, as is the beer garden to the rear. A big TV screen for football, a jukebox and a pool table comprise the entertainment (unless you count young children running around freely as fun). The perennial inflatable Santa on the pub's exterior has recently had an England football shirt pulled over it, perhaps in anticipation of the World Cup but who knows?
18 Jan 2011
I also totally disagree with "angryman"'s comments - I now consider myself to be a regular at this pub and I think the owner and her husband are very nice people and the staff are certainly not indifferent. The drinks are always good so to say the beer is badly kept is, I believe, unfounded. There is also always a good selection of 'tapas' dishes which are home cooked and very good value for money, as well as Sunday roasts which are also very good...

As for music nights - I have been to a few and have not seen many of the musicians 'putting a lot of money across the bar' - on jam nights in particular, I have noticed that most of the clientele and musicians actually drink soft drinks!

In short, it's a friendly pub with a good vibe (not at all 'chavvy' or 'sleazy') and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to my friends and family.
25 Dec 2010
I have to say that I actually totally disagree with the previous comments. The pub is a very homely and welcoming one. The music nights are fantastic and there is some great new talent coming through.

Considering the austere times we are all facing, it has managed to attract a great local crowd. John has been in the pub business for a very long time and is a well respected publican. The girls behind the bar are very friendly as well.

Nothing but praise for the pub. Keep going, guys.
15 Aug 2010
Recent change of ownership has done nothing to improve this pub. Local musicians have supported the pub for months putting a lot of money across the bar and encouraging friends to attend a popular local jam put on every Thursday. We've had two paid bookings blown out by a elderly Scottish man, who while denying he has anything to do with the management of the pub, apparently tried to "renegotiate" fees. Not good, justs adds to the generally chavvy, sleazy feel of the place with a dash of added dishonesty. Not recommended, the beer is badly kept and the attitude of the staff is indifferent if one is charitable.

41 Edison Grove, Welling, London, SE18 2DW