Good Samaritan, Whitechapel

Our rating: FAP Rating 2 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Not rated yet! - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (2 reviews)
In theory, a pub next to a medical school should be a hideous place for a drink, but in practice, this one is fine. Hidden away behind The Royal London Hospital, The Samaritan has stayed pretty much the same as the surrounding pubs have closed or changed. Standard T & J Bernard fare, but its small size and mix of locals and students makes for quite a homely little place.
17 Jul 2010
Have been several times as I work nearby. Serves two real ales London Pride and Directors.

The first two times I went the beer tasted off. However on the third occasion is was so rank awfully bad I complained and asked if I could have something else. I was told 'no' by the bar maid, other people were drinking it and it was the landlord's policy.

My companion approached someone else and asked if his beer was OK and he said he couldn't drink his either so they grudgingly gave me a drink of something else but did not offer to replace his. He didn't seem to want to complain and I noticed he left half an hour later leaving most of the drink in his glass.

87 Turner Street, Whitechapel, London, E1 2AE