Grand Junction Arms, Harlesden

Our rating: FAP Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Not rated yet! - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (3 reviews)
This huge Young's pub sits in the no mans land between North Acton and Harlesden - defined by the railway out of Paddington and the Grand Union Canal. But, despite its less-than-salubrious location, it's a pretty decent pub. The terrace on the canal and beer garden are decent attractions in themselves but add live music, Sunday lunch and Young's excellent beer and you've got no excuse for not venturing to deepest Harlesden once in a while. The service is friendly as are the locals, we imagine the local biscuit factory provides weekday, daytime clientele, but as we've only been at the weekend, it's just a guess. If we get ourselves a narrowboat, we won't even have to use the tube - all-in-all this pub's a pretty good effort all round.
28 Feb 2010
The Grand Junction in Harlesden is where my friends and I learned to drink back in the 60s. It was a great pub. Friendly regulars, welcoming to a bunch of slightly loud youngsters, a vibrant atmosphere 7 days a week, and Youngs beers served to perfection. Definitely a 5 pinter. Unfortunately, on a recent visit I found it to be a shadow of its former self. I went on a Saturday evening and the place was dead. There were a few youngsters playing pool in the front bar, a few sitting outside by the canal, but the the back bar was empty. Worse still, the Youngs Special was average. I do hope I caught the pub on a bad night, otherwise it would be a sad demise.
19 Sep 2008
This is a great pub for a sunny Sunday afternoon. Good Sunday lunch, lovely canalside location, and live jazz (if you like that sort of thing). Regulars very friendly too. Probably not the sort of place to go out of your way to get to, but worth a visit if you're relatively local.

Canal Bridge, Harlesden, London, NW10 7AD