Green Man, Regent's Park

Our rating: FAP Rating 2 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (6 reviews)
Another one of those large pubs on the fringes of things that doesn't quite know what to do with itself. It's changed hands again, in the recent past, but the change of paint outside hasn't led to much radical change inside. It's still a bit average, with a fairly standard range of beers (though there are 3 ales on tap) and reasonably priced food and wine menus. It does get busier after work, but the clientele seems to be pretty transient on the whole. This is probably not surprising given it's visible from the tube and a convenient place to meet. We were last here on a sunny Friday evening. Punters were outside meaning that there were a few table available for us to eat at. Despite it being busy the food came out quickly and the beer was good. It's not going to win hearts and minds with its decor but it ticked a couple of big boxes as far as our needs went.
02 Jun 2013
Good location opposite Gt Portland St Station. Usually busy. I sometimes like to pop in here after work and stand outside with a pint before getting on the train. Not had a ale I've liked so far but it's more about hte convenience for me. "How to find Green Man" needs editing by the way >> (..come out of the station, not pub)
18 Dec 2012
Fine ale on tap, plus a good selection of guest brews. Friendly bar staff and lots of seating. Decent food menu too.
16 Oct 2010
Great location as stated. Useful for our group of friends who arrive from destinations all over the SE and other parts of London. Good sized function room downstairs so you may gather and be sociable without intruding on the other drinkers. good sociable staff and the food prepared for the finger buffet is god value especially given the location. As a real ale afficiando I feel there is a good variety on offer.
01 Jun 2010
A very nice pub for a quick drink or to meet friends for a meal and spend the evening there. Nice and clean, and reasonable prices. Can be very busy as office workers finish work in evenings, but that can add to the atmosphere if you like it busy. Just have to wait a little bit longer to be served. Not had any trouble with tv being turned off when my gang was in to watch the footie a couple of times , so I guess Stewie above caught it on a bad day. I recommend it!
13 Apr 2010
There's plenty of seats and its a good location being so close to Great Portland St tube.

Do not go there to watch football though. We went there to watch the FA Cup semi final and have lunch/drinks and the manager basically turned the TV off 10 minutes before the final whistle went and turfed everyone out.

383 Euston Road, Regent's Park, London, NW1 3AU