Harp, Strand

Our rating: FAP Rating 4 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 5 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (10 reviews)
Any tourist who dares wander just off the main stomping ground of Trafalgar Square will be very lucky indeed to find themselves pondering the choice of beers tantalising them in this small, handsome boozer. The walls are covered with fine oil paintings and the bar itself is festooned with beer labels , testament to their policy of introducing new and interesting beers to their eight pumps. On our last visit the selection included the wondrous Wandle and Junction ales from the London based Sambrook's brewery - both fine drops that go all too well with a packet of scratchings. Granted it can get very busy, but it deserves to and the friendly staff invariably cope with the crowds with good humour and swift service. For a perfect London Sunday we recommend combining a pint here with a cheap film at the nearby Prince Charles Cinema and a plate of dumplings at the Jen Café - heaven! A gem of a pub. And in case anyone wonders why it's not a 5-pinter, it's purely because of how busy it gets. You're rarely able to get a seat and more often than not find it more comfortable drinking outside the front door.
04 Sep 2013
Simply the best pub in Central London.
In terms of the beer in is always well kept and (because it is so busy) fresh tasting. There is loads of choice as beers is constantly changing. (The "Hophead" is fantastic and seems to be a constant)
The service is always warm and friendly.
The only downside such as there is, is that it is very small and even though you can stand outside front and back, it does get VERY busy pretty much every evening.
04 Jan 2012
Fantstic beer and service,rarely quiet but never any problem getting served.Always something new on due to the quick turnover of beer ,a must visit pub when in central London.
01 Nov 2011
This is a Top Boozer. Love it.
07 Sep 2011
This is THE PLACE to drink a pint of beer or cider in London. I've been there daily while I was in London, and I discovered every day new beers or ciders there, it's just amazing. A must go place.
05 Mar 2011
Congratulations to the Harp,camra pub of the year,well deserved .Why it's not rated more highly on this site I don't know? Best pub in London without a doubt
04 Nov 2010
How this pub is only a 3 pinter is beyond me. It has Harveys on draught as well as numerous other quality ales. Even the smoking area out the back is quality, a little alley/courtyard that has a touch of the olde london to it. But most importantly the beer is fantastic.
10 Oct 2010
The Harp is without doubt in my opinion the best pub in London and I know some very good one's. Excellent beer ,great atmosphere and top notch service. I would recommend it to anyone.
26 Jan 2010
A marvellous pub. Finding a decent pint in the West End can sometimes be a hit-or-miss affair but The Harp always comes up trumps with a superb selection of off-the-beaten track beers. Worthy of 4-pint status, surely?
29 Jun 2009
Love this place; consistently good for a pint even if rammed around suit-hometime. Had my post London Marathon pints here and long may it reign.

Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London, WC2N 4HS