Hennessy's, Aldgate

Our rating: FAP Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Not rated yet! - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (2 reviews)
Looking after a regular city clientele, this one's not as manic as many others in the square mile, and fits the bill if you're after a quieter drink of an evening. The upstairs restaurant takes care of those looking for lunch and is well worth a look - you'd expect a place that doubles as a caterers to have above average food and it does. We'll endeavour to sample the food at the earliest opportunity, perhaps in conjunction with a look at the pub's other unique selling point: a roof garden. For the moment though, we know it as a decent enough boozer, which in itself is a rare enough thing in the City these days. That said, the beer was a bit disappointing. We'll have to get back and see if it's any better on our next visit.
23 Jun 2009
I use pubs in and around the City. I have been in Hennessy's in Jewry Street before but am not a regular user. This lunchtime, I made a polite enquiry about whether the Deuchars was on. (The badge was half turned). Walked out of pub in disgust when barmaid spat at me "No it's there for show". I'll never visit again. Shame.

36 Jewry Street, Aldgate, London, EC3N 2ET