Katzenjammers, Borough

Our rating: FAP Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 1 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (2 reviews)
Katzenjammers in London awaiting image
Well, there you have it, a Bierkeller. In Southwalk. Not much to be said really - low ceilings, barmaids dressed in 'wench' uniforms, plates of sausages all-round. Shame about the halogen spot-lights, not vey atmospheric. But a few pints of St. Thomas' and those concerns go out of the window. Apparently there is an Oom Pah band on Friday's: given the acoustics, I'd be tempted to give that a miss. Oh, and don't forget your credit card - you'll need it!
08 Feb 2012
I have to say that it was a very dreadful experience tonight being out in this restaurant/pub… or whatever it was…. Getting the bill serverd before the meal was quite a surprise for the whole bunch of 15 people I was there with… Overpriced beer (0.5l Augustiner Edelstoff 4.95 GBP, of course a luxury to get it in London) Poor service, who didn’t even aplogize to my complaint.. The dish i ordered was the saussage platter, it looked appalling and has nothing to do with the food I know from my own country. The saussages looked like cooked with a hair drier!! How embarrasing, for me as a German to go out on a night with friends in a place like this. Never again….

The Hop Exchange, Borough, London, SE1 1TY