Lamb & Flag, Marylebone

Our rating: FAP Rating 2 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 0 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (2 reviews)
This is a tiny little pub in a very busy shopping area close to Selfridges. The exterior promises a rather more ornate experience than the interior delivers, which is a pity as it's a handsome building - it really could do with some TLC, to be honest. It's a competent enough pub with a couple of beers on the hand pumps and a pretty full menu to keep the tourists, shoppers and office workers happy. It's usually packed as it's so easy to find, although Sunday afternoon it's not so bad, especially if there's a bit of sport on the telly. Not a bad place to meet, either, although you may be unlikely - or unable - to stay here for a session.
06 May 2015
I went to this pub this afternoon. The fish (& chips) was completely overcooked. I am not fussy over food - I always finish whatever's put in front of me but I could not finish this. I absolve the bar staff in this, the Spanish bar maid could not have been nicer. The word "sorry" came out of lips many times. In fact "I will give you a full refund" would have nicer.

24 James Street, Marylebone, London, W1U 1EL