Leather Bottle, Earlsfield

Our rating: FAP Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 1 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (2 reviews)
Since our last visit, this pub has become one of Young's new, smartened up boozers (collect the whole set: visit The Britannia and the Duke on the Green). No surprise to see a section of the pub has been set aside for diners then, leaving about two thirds of the space free if you're just after a drink. Judging from our visit, plenty of regulars of the old pub still make this one a port of call and a decent enough time of it can be had (particularly if you manage to bag the seats upstairs next to the real fire). All was bliss until the staff inflicted some particularly bland music on the pub, making us ponder an escape to the extensive beer garden (which in the summer looks ideal for barbecues and sun-enhanced drinking). Still does a job this one: just keep your fingers crossed the CD player isn't working (or bring your iPod).
07 Jun 2013
I booked my 40th here many months back and received a confirmation email. As the pub was going through a change if management a phones every couple of weeks to ensure my booking was safe and did eventually speak to the new manager. I revived a call from a very inexperienced events person to say that sorry for the confusion but she has given my space to someone else. Avoid this venue for a party as you might think it is all confirmed but they might just as easily cancel on you as they did me and my 50 guests if they get a better offer.

538 Garratt Lane, Earlsfield, London, SW17 0NY