Marlborough Arms, Fitzrovia

Our rating: FAP Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Not rated yet! - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (3 reviews)
While the pub had an update not that long ago, it still retains a fair bit of the Victorian grandeur we remember this pub for. The beer's good with fairly standard ales and a guest on the hand pumps. It continues in its role as a haven for students from nearby UCL as well as the odd tourist and a smattering of local office types. And the Marlborough's a welcome refuge from the shopping on Tottenham Court Road - for those that wish to escape. Interestingly, this is another one re-badged as Taylor Walker - a brand we thought long dead, but recently revived by Punch Taverns. It's good to see it again.
01 Apr 2010
I was in the Marlborough arms last night having a few quiet pints and watching the Arsenal game. The floppy haid blond bloke behind the bar was a rude idiot and had no banter. I'm going back there this lunchtime to punch his lights our
05 Nov 2009
The Marlborough Arms is my local. I think they deserve at least a three pint rating. I've always had good service there, they have a lot of space and a classic Victorian atmosphere, and it's a free house that knows about rotating decent things on the handpump. The food is decent average pubgrub, and it's a good stop for lunch. I had some quite spicy Thai prawns there, washed down with Timothy Taylor Landlord.

36 Torrington Place, Fitzrovia, London, WC1E 7LY