Nightingale, Wanstead

Our rating: FAP Rating 4 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 0 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (7 reviews)
What a fine pub this is. The exterior decoration - beautifully painted, and posing a few questions - is good preparation for what goes on inside. The decor is similarly smart and well-kept, with cosy seating and, among other things, a selection of pen-and-ink drawings of various vintage movie stars, from Charlie Chaplin to Sydney Greenstreet. There are several well-kept real ales on the hand pumps, a moderately wide selection of Scotch whiskies, and a reasonable selection of wines. The pub has various nooks and crannies and rooms, including at least one with a log fire, something that was much appreciated on our winter visit. The food menu, which mostly offers variants on traditional pub meals, not to mention old-fashioned English desserts, represents good value for money. All in all, this is a justly popular pub, seemingly with people of all ages, and one that we are pleased to recommend most heartily.
24 Jul 2014
Noel is a dirty old pervert that assaults the barmaids. Noel uses prostitutes & ladyboys in Thailand. Barristers, solicitors & local CPS drink in this pub so a lot of things are covered up. Noel is a Freemason & appears to be untouchable but one day it will all come on top, or someone will give Noel a good beating. He also is very friendly with a weirdo called Paul Hebden who is a child abuser. He lives opposite at 90, Nightingale Lane. Hes 5ft 6ins, about 20 stones, wears specs & looks scruffy & grubby! Keep all kids away from him & Noel, if they get attacked it will be hushed up! Very dangerous & despicable people! Their vile nature matches their appearance!
02 Dec 2013
Terrible attitude from Noel - a landlord. Drunk, old and crrepy guy with teenage Thai wife and four kids. Keeps touching female staff in front of my children
06 Jul 2010
IMO the best Pub in Wanstead -

Very clean and well run - staff efficient and always decent beer - Can feel a bit blokey but still freindly and no prob with children early on
28 Feb 2010
Awful service
27 Feb 2010
I was eating in this pub with my children aged six & eight years one Saturday lunch time, when I noticed a long dark hair in my food. When I asked to speak with the landlord an elderly grey haired man came over & when I explained he became quite abusive. I felt extremely intimidated & my youngest daughter started crying. Although I paid the full price for our substandard food we left immediately as my main concern was getting my children to safety. We will never frequent the Nightingale ever again
09 Jun 2009
Nice Pub, don't feel you have to be a Cabbie or Builder to drink here, stand strong and enjoy.

51 Nightingale Lane, Wanstead, London, E11 2EY