Northumberland Arms, King's Cross

Our rating: FAP Rating 1 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Not rated yet! - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (3 reviews)
The Northumberland Arms is still a rather grubby boozer on the King's Cross Road, which usually plays host to bunch of older, male locals. Entertainment comes in the form of a pool table, a juke box and footy on the box - sport is one of the main focuses of this pub - while drink comes courtesy of a handful of generic lagers. You also never know when the drunken urges will compel the regulars to burst into acapella song. Overall, a pretty depressing pub with little to recommend it, barring those with an interest in anthropology.
08 May 2010
During the 1800's my husbands great grandfather frequented this pub. My family history research has put us in touch with a long lost uncle and we hear.." Peter's great grand father..known as Patsy..was quite a drinker..used to drink in the Northumberland Arms at the bottom of Penton Rise, Kings Cross..they used to call the bar he drank in 'The Mahoney's bar'.

Interested to hear any anecdotes if anyone out there has some..
08 May 2010
My recent family history research into my husbands family 'Mahoney's' resulted in contact from a long lost uncle & it seems this pub played a big part in the Mahoney's of the 1800's. Quote "Peter's great grandfather, known as Patsy..was quite a drinker...used to drink in the Northumberland Arms which was at the bottom of Penton Rise, Kings Cross...they used to call the bar where he drank the Mahoney's bar.."

I would love to hear any anecdotes, any history, especially if the Mahoney's were involved.

141 Kings Cross Road, King's Cross, London, WC1X 9BJ