Old Bull & Bush, Golders Green

Our rating: FAP Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (3 reviews)
Well, what to say. Maybe you know the song. In those days, though, this place almost certainly had more character. Come to think of it, that was the case just a couple of years ago. The refurbishment that subsequently intervened doesn't really respect the character of the building, the emphasis on continental lagers at the bar is similarly out of keeping with the history and location of the Bull and Bush. The beige plastic-coated seating and silver change trays that are bane of every wannabe-trendy establish from Hoxton to Kilburn are completely out of place in such a place, damn it. Mind you, not all is lost: there's still a range of different areas to sit, the odd little booth, a table cosily arranged around a bay window, two large rooms, and plenty of seats outside. Service at the bar can be almost painfully slow, mind. Although it's not what it was, the Old Bull and Bush remains by far and away the most agreeable pub within easy walking distance from Golders Green.
27 Sep 2011
At the pub I met him before remodeling. In those days it seemed an excellent place. Very good beer and excellent fish and chips. I think back to give a definitive opinion.
19 Apr 2010
I recently visited the Old Bull and Bush for the first time in years and what a shock. I realise that refurbishments are necessary, but this place has completely changed from being a decent pub, to almost a restaurant. Not my cup of tea. Although the beer appears well kept - the Timothy Taylor was excellent - you'll find yourself one of the very few people drinking beer. Plenty of wine and lager, and loads and loads of food. Interestingly, whilst the bar staff seemed a bit dreamy, the man delivering the food to the tables worked like a beaver. One final word of warning, that walk up from Golders Green is uphill most of the way - okay when you are 30, more difficult for unfit old codgers like me.

North End Way, Golders Green, London, NW3 7HE