One Tun, Fitzrovia

Our rating: FAP Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 4 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (4 reviews)
Without wishing to damn with faint praise, this was OK. The Porter was reasonable - first time I've tried Young's and it may well be the last. Staff were reasonably friendly and sport is a big part of this pubs' offering.
Some pretty odd carpeting - slightly 70@s feel makes for an odd mix of traditional island bar and retro decor.
Not great, but not bad.
26 Nov 2012
a regular standby when in the area.
Never too busy (except once), a good place to watch football if you want without it becoming overly aggressive.
seems to be able to manage its cellar so Youngs is usually available in a Youngs pub - which is sadly uncommon these days.
31 Oct 2011
Went here for a change from our regular pub lunch and was pleasantly surprised. Seemed to be a nice selection of ales (though it was a working lunch so no booze from me). The service was friendly and efficient, our food came out to us within 10 minutes, and was pretty good. Only gets a 4 out of 5 from me as my colleague ordered no cheese on his burger and it came with cheese, but I had little objection to swiping it off his plate! They were showing Sky Sports, which was of little interest to me, but otherwise inoffensive. Music was playing in the background but at a level comfortable enough for my colleagues and I to chat.

All in all, I'd recommend this as a decent meeting point in future.

Am I allowed to say the barman was pretty hot? Always a positive in my opinion!

Carmen
29 Oct 2009
Like this pub - not pretentious but a good feel to it. Staff pleasant, friendly and helpful. Good beer and food and there seemed to be a good mix of regulars and passers through

58-60 Goodge Street, Fitzrovia, London, W1T 4LZ