O'Neill's (Wardour Street), Soho

Our rating: FAP Rating 1 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Not rated yet! - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (2 reviews)
Our last visit to this branch of O'Neill's was unsuccessful (at 9.45pm on a Saturday night it transpired to be for 'regulars' only and we were refused entry - weird). It's not terrible and if you fancy a pint of Guinness, you could do a lot worse, although as it's clustered near two other Irish theme pubs, one wonders a bit why Chinatown needs so many Oirish pubs.
31 Oct 2009
One star is too generous for this awful place. I remember when it used to be the wonderful Wag Club back in the mid 90's, full of hip Britpop kids dancing to wonderful Mod and Northern Soul music. A few years back, a friend convinced me to go inside it's new incarnation for a late night drink. I was gutted at how dreadful the place had become - yet another naff soulless Irish theme bar, full of horrid spotty backpacker types dancing to awful records by the likes of Bon Jovi and The Spice Girls. It was just heartbreaking to see how somewhere once so cool and unique had been made so trashy. I've not been back, and am gobsmacked this place actually has regulars. Why the hell would anyone want to return here with the 1000s of other better pubs and clubs London has to offer?!

33-37 Wardour Street, Soho, London, W1D 6QT