O'Neill's, King's Cross

Our rating: FAP Rating 2 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Not rated yet! - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (2 reviews)
This branch of the ever-present O'Neill's chain is one of their larger efforts, but notwithstanding its size, you shouldn't be surprised to find it is pretty much like most of the rest - bland and predictable, with an only upstairs music room differing from the O'Neill's norm. Its location on the busy Euston Road does it no favours either, often attracting a transient commuter crowd. If you like Guinness, cheap food, big screen football entertainment and have nowhere else better to go, then it's perfectly adequate. If not, there are far better and more interesting places nearby to discover.
03 Apr 2010
I was in this pub the other day watching the rugby, and must admit I was quite surprised. The food was good, albeit a half hour wait, but the place was totally packed. We went up to the music room after the game but it had been changed into a resturant area, which was slot quieter than downstairs with it's own bar. I've been to a few O'Neill's and must admit this one was alright, great atmosphere for the rugby, a much nicer crowd than I expected in such a dodgy area, and to be honest a really great pint of Guinness, next time I'm around Kings Cross I'll definately pop in, especially if the rugby is on.

73-77 Euston Road, King's Cross, London, NW1 2QS