Oxford Arms, Camden

Our rating: FAP Rating 2 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 0 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (2 reviews)
For what could be a banquet of horribleness, the Oxford Arms is a decent enough pub. Its potential downfall of being located on Camden High Street seems to only rear its ugly head on Saturday afternoons, when the tourists are at full force. Otherwise, it's a basic pub with wooden floors and standard pub furniture. Not much on the taps, but in compensation you'll find a small but adequate beer garden for some fresh air. There is also the Etcetera Theatre upstairs, if you feel the need for some inspiration. Not one to make a beeline for, it covers most bases pretty well.
05 Oct 2013
Went into the Oxford Arms on 2/10/2013 with my friend for a drink, asked for 2 pints of guinness which she started pouring but the barrel was empty. The barrel was changed and I asked for 2 fresh pints from the new barrel which she refused. She told me that she had been pouring guinness for the past 15 years and that she was an expert, ( Think she was a know it all from down under) and then I told her that I had been drinking it for the past 30 years and that what she had been doing for 15 was wrong. She got really arrogant towards me, with a huge ego to match her 25 stone weight, I asked for my money back twice but she refused but eventually relented and threw down £ 8.40 in change on the counter with her chubby sweaty hand and told me to get out, calling my friend and I wa***rs as we left. I have never met a more obnoxious, arrogant and sweaty individual ( stank of B.O) in my life with a know all attitude except for knowing how to loose weight !!! Will never enter the Oxford Arms again.

265 Camden High Street, Camden, London, NW1 7BU