Papermill, Shoreditch

Our rating: FAP Rating 1 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Not rated yet! - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (2 reviews)
Sitting at the wrong end of Curtain Road, away from the bustle of Hoxton, Papermill looks unwelcoming. Everything from the blackened glass, to the cheap typeface and pink neon lights make it look like the ultimate chav's pub. Inside too, the preponderance of pine and the drab lighting didn't help. However, so near to Liverpool Street, there were no chavs to be seen. Rather, it was pleasantly busy, filled with suited city workers and less Hoxtony office workers. The atmosphere was relaxed and large groups people either played pool inside or were drinking fizzy lager in the large beer garden. Why people choose to come here, however, is somewhat of a mystery - but they do - and the owners of Papermill, at least, must think they're doing something right. It goes without saying there are lots of better places nearby.
01 Jul 2010
I have drunk in there daily and nightly for 6 years. I am disappointed with the description of the Mill because you missed me out as I am also large part of the furniture. Despite there being much better places to drink in around here, I fully intend to carry on my three hour lunches in there.

2-6 Curtain Road, Shoreditch, London, EC2A 3NQ