Plume of Feathers, Greenwich

Our rating: FAP Rating 3 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 4 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (8 reviews)
Established in 1691, the Plume of Feathers has a lovely tiled exterior and outdoor seating to the front and rear. Inside, the walls are packed with pictures and nautical ephemera, and the fireplace adds to the cosy atmosphere. Attracting locals, walkers and some tourists, the place gets packed and buzzes with a lively, congenial atmosphere. The Plume serves good pub grub, with a decent Sunday roast, which you can have in the restaurant area at the back or in the bar area. Adnam's' and Fuller's ales are amongst the beers behind the bar and the service is excellent. Turnover is pretty brisk at lunchtimes, so if you can't get a table immediately, wait a short while, it's worth it. There's also a children's play area where the kids can disappear, leaving you to sup your pint in peace, although occasionally customers don't avail themselves of this facility, to the annoyance of the people around them. We like this pub - it's the best in the area.
23 Sep 2011
A nice and lovely pub with a great atmosphere. Excellent Harveys beer and very good food. In my honest opinion, the best pub of Greenwich.
06 Sep 2011
Lovely pub. A handsome place with excellent beer (Harveys especially) and a pleasant atmosphere. Enjoyed the roast, especially the pork, though I do wish they'd make proper roast potatoes - the frozen ones spoil an otherwise good meal.
11 Oct 2010
Always found this to be a decent pub, good. Beer and atmosphere,

Can't comment on the food though.

Worth a visit.
11 Oct 2010
The worst dining experience ever! Ordered 3 veggie roasts and 2 mixed. Was then informed only 1 veg roast left, so after much discussion, decided to have that, and 2 plates of mixed veg, roasts and yorkshire pud. What came was an insult to anybody, let alone vegetarians. 2 tiny plates of what looked like frozen veg, and Aunt Bessie's pots and pud, and the one veggie roast had changed into a goats cheese salad served with the HOT vegetables. Even the meat eaters had a problem as one mixed roast contained an unidentifiable lump of (scrotum???) meat that even the waitress gave up on. It is a disgrace that chefs still consider vegetarians as inferior diners, and still believe that we will be pathetically grateful for any swill they vomit out of their kitchens. Will never take the chance in here again.
22 Apr 2010
It's a very small busy pub. Too small for pushchairs with children in. There's a sign outside. It hassles the punters time after time. If the child was asleep take it home and give it a good sleep it's a pub.
17 Nov 2008
I used to love it here. As a Greenwich resident it has always been my fave, but I had the worst experience ever this Sunday and shall not be returning.

The (previously nice) French manageress had a go at me because my friend did not want to wake up her two-year-old and take him out of the pram. He had just gone to sleep and if she had woken him he would have bawled his eyes out. She went and checked with a member of staff and he said it was fine, but once we had got the pushchair as far as the restaurent area, the manageress made a bee-line for us and started having a go. The staff member tried to intervene to let her know that he had already agreed to it, but she ignored him. She was really rude and literally in my face. I was absolutely shocked, she treated us like we were anti-social idiots. She told us we could leave him in a corner miles away from the table, this was unacceptable. To be honest even if she had backed down and agreed we would have left anyway after that little incident. Thinking back I wish I had made a scene, but I was too shocked to really say anything. As you can tell I am really fuming, and also offended that she didn't recognise me to be a regular. Not that I am sure she cares. Then only trouble is, she is the manageress so I have no-one to complain to.

Thinking about it, I have seen her having a go openly at members of staff. She is not a nice person, I will not be returning.
12 Aug 2008
Should be four stars. Excellent pint of Harvey's (rather than the usual London brews); scores on decor, atmosphere and setting

19 Park Vista, Greenwich, London, SE10 9LZ