Power's Acoustic Room (ex-Sonny's Bar/Power's Bar), Kilburn

Our rating: FAP Rating 2 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Not rated yet! - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (3 reviews)
Power's Bar was for a long time a favourite of ours in Kilburn, and now after a brief spell as Sonny's Bar, Vince Power has turned it into Power's Acoustic Room -- a live music venue. We've yet to visit, though it appears an entrance fee is charged so we'll check if it still warrants inclusion on Fancyapint?
03 Dec 2009
Went there last night, would be a decent bar if wasn't for the outrageous service from the bar staff. I don't expect sarcastic responses, rudeness and downright aggression when ordering drinks. Anyone else encountered the mohawk barman? Especially from a place that obviously needs the business. STEER CLEAR! they are many other better choices in the area.
01 Jan 2009
I live very close by to Powers, so I've been going there a few times a month for a several months now. They have live indie rock bands play there weekly, which is alright. Unfortunately the beer selection is very limited. They only have two or three beers on tap and the bouncer is defiantly a pick. About a month ago I watch him ban an elderly man from the bar. The guy was just sitting at a table when the bouncer walked up to him and said "you don't belong here", then he kicked him out. And last night he told me that I'm banned from being there now. So I asked him what the reason for that is. But, he couldn't give me an answer to my question. I wasn't doing anything wrong; just standing by the door sipping my beer when he decided to ban me. He really didn't like my question very much either. Actually, it made him angry at me. So, he decided to grab a hold of me and try to scare me. Now, it's not that I ever really liked the place very much, but it is close to my home, so it was nice to go there sometimes. Guess I won't be doing that anymore.

332 Kilburn High Road, Kilburn, London, NW6 2QN