Prince Arthur, Euston

Our rating: FAP Rating 4 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 2 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (7 reviews)
The Prince Arthur has long been a favourite of ours, and when things started to change we were a bit worried. While we might have hankered for a bit of Thai food last time we were in, we can't say the new menu has been a bad choice - far from it, even if it is more gastro now than pub grub. The menu's reasonably priced and the food's very good, and daily specials make it even more of a bargain. The beer's still well kept (we drank enough of it, so we should know) with Landlord and Pride amongst the choices on the hand pubs, and the wine list is reasonable, too. It's just proving that it's still one of the better places in the area - and judging by the number of people around us on a warm Friday night, we're not the only ones who think so. Still worth a go if you're feeling thirsty and/or hungry.
01 Jun 2014
Visited this place on way between Euston and St Pancras Stations. Upon entry into virtually empty pub (at 7.00pm on a Saturday night) we were met by barmaid. We asked to taste one of the ales on offer ( a regular request at a real ale pub?). We were refused! Grounds of ' too wasteful' ! Took pints of Landlord as a good standby. It was dreadful! Cloudy and stinking! Left beer and pub. never to return!
05 Mar 2012
4 out of 5? Really? There is nothing particularly wrong with this pub, but it has nothing going for it other than it is a good place to meet near Euston before moving on. The outside seating is great if you like views of traffic and the side of Euston Station.
09 Nov 2009
Met some friends here for November's First Tuesday and I can only say: what a SUPERB pub! Excellent beer, first rate food, pleasant atmosphere.
03 Nov 2009
This pub is a cut above the average, and visiting here last night was a very pleasant surprise for me. The food was delicious and though the menu offered old favourites, there were also daringly different options like my teriyaki sweet potatoe burger. My companion had the ham and eggs, which were lovely.

A good selection of beers with one of my favourite lagers, Grolsch, on pump. The housewine was also very drinkable.

The decor is nice and tasteful, the music was good but at a pleasantly low level so as not to hinder conversation, the toilets were clean and the bar lady picked the perfect moments to come and ask us if we would like another drink. The other customers, few as they were, seemed like pleasant people. I will definitely come again if I am in the area.
21 Sep 2009
Went here last night and what a disappointment. Only one handpump on, Landlord, and the beer could be described as average at best. Very few other punters. The Doric Arms is your best bet in this area by miles.
26 Mar 2009
I was pleasantly surprised to find this great little pub only a couple of minutes walk from Euston. The ales on offer included Landlord (always a good sign) and Jennings Cumberland. The pub was quiet and cosy, with table service, and we felt well looked-after. Next time I'll try the food!

80-82 Eversholt Street, Euston, London, NW1 1BX