Prince of Wales, Kensington

Our rating: Not rated yet! - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 1 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (1 review)
27 Jan 2014
We popped in here after visiting the vastly superior Churchill Arms at the other end of the street. We were welcomed, eventually, by a Kevin Pietersen lookalike barman. I aked for a pint of Timothy Taylor. At £4.45 (!) I expected a well poured, fresh, clear pint of beer. I recieved a cloudy, frothy excuse for what should have been an excellent pint. When I asked for this to be changed for a pint of Harveys there was no hint of an apology, just a 'this customer is a nuisance' attitude. The next stage of 'service' beggered belief. He emptied the 'Tim Taylor' into the sink, then poured the Harveys into the same glass. When I then asked for a clean glass, he transferred the Harveys which he had already poured into a clean glass. I was not offerd any refund of the difference in price between the Tim Taylor and the Harveys (maybe the Harveys was also £4.45!). The whole attitude of this particular barman stank, and his policy of pouring already tainted beer into a clean glass to save money has caused me to write this comment, and recommend others not to visit this pub.

8 Kensington Church Street, Kensington, London, W8 4EP