Queen Elizabeth, Chingford

Our rating: FAP Rating 1 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Not rated yet! - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (2 reviews)
Chingford has a propensity for average country-style pubs and the Queen Elizabeth is no exception. Set amongst large houses next to Epping forest, the exterior is imposing and well maintained, with a garden and car park. Sadly, a careless refit - complete with unpleasant carpet - made it less appealing inside. It didn't help that a popular carvery occupied one half of the pub and scores of people were scattered around the drinking section, waiting for their tables. Every few minutes speakers would burst into life, accompanied by whining feedback, letting people know their table was free. Extremely irritating, it gave the place a transitory feel, but the management clearly thought it was acceptable. Still, the weekend promised entertainment in the form of a Brazilian-Jamaican music night, seemingly promoted by a teddy bear dressed as Bob Marley and some T-shirts of Che Guevara (who was Argentinean). Classy it wasn't.
11 Mar 2009
I was invited out for Sunday Lunch and afer I agreed I thought I'd have a quick look to see how the place rated. After reading the report was not looking forward to it.

However after eating there on Sunday I had to recheck this report and saw it relates to 2005!! the photo here does not look the same as the place must of had another refurb.

We arrived at 2pm the place was absolutley packed which is always a good sign, we put our names on the waiting list and got our table in around 20-30mins

No loud speakers as mentioned, the guy who took out name collected us from our table and handed over to our waitress Barbara. For the sake of not boring all those who read this with to much detail all our table had the Traditional Carvery except me had the Homemade pie, We all decided we would go again. If I didn't have to travel so far I would go again just for a pint of Essex brewed beer Brewers Gold. It was spot on

95 Forest Side, Chingford, London, E4 6BA