Robin Hood & Little John, Bexleyheath

Our rating: FAP Rating 5 - Click for an explanation of our ratings      User rating: Community Rating 5 - Click for an explanation of our ratings   (3 reviews)
This is a very fine pub, situated on a pleasant residential street in Bexleyheath. On entering, you'll find a traditional English pub: wood-panelled walls, old photos and the odd leather armchair. There are front and rear beer gardens if the weather's good too. A superb range of beer is on offer - we counted seven draught real ales alone, including Aspall's cider. The pub is a serial CAMRA award winner and it's easy to see why. The barstaff were welcoming and the locals seemed a genial bunch who clearly appreciate this place. If you need a cultural excuse to come here, William Morris's Red House is just around the corner. Please note that the pub closes between 3pm and 7pm at weekends. Judging by the old photos of the pub, the Robin Hood & Little John has been doing business for almost a century. On this evidence, long may it continue.
02 May 2013
Yes, it's a bit off the beaten track but well worth the effort. Nice sized pub, great bar staff, friendly locals. Having just moved to the area I've been evaluating the pubs and this is pretty good. It has been commented that it's a tad expensive but, in my opinion, not outrageous.I've only been there around weekday lunchtimes, and it seems to attract a more senior crowd, however will give it a try over the weekend and report back.
08 Apr 2012
In the Bexley area, it is hard to find a good pub that has good beer and good atmosphere without screaming and shouting riff raff! This is one such pub that joins The White Cross as the best of what the Bexley area has to offer - but the best is right up there with the best of the best!
This pub is not too small, but not too big - it reminds me very much of a country pub. The couple of benches outside, you walk in and you're pretty much at the bar - walk around either side to seating or walk out back to lovely little area to sit, with pleasent lantern lighting and a water feature. The pumps are impressive, the landlord gives you a list of what is on - at the weekend they had Canterbury Jack, Doom Bar, Harvey's Sussex Best and a few others that I forget now. I had the Canterbury and boy was it good! One of the best pints I have had! It gets pretty busy on a Saturday night, but all good people and a real haven for an ale drinker that is for sure. Even if you have to travel quite a way to get there, if you appreciate a fine beer and a fine pub - then this really is an oasis in the desert.

78 Lion Road, Bexleyheath, London, DA6 8PF